we are a national Black independent political party..,
ALL POWER TO THE PEOPLE! FREE THE LAND!
New Afrikan Independence Party (NAIP)
Duties and Responsibilities
The National Steering Committee is comprised of the following persons:
Heads of all ministries and national committees
The National Steering Committee is responsible for providing overall collective and joint leadership for the NAIP. Duties include developing and facilitating a time-specific comprehensive strategic plan for the NAIP.
The Executive Committee is comprised of the following persons:
Minister of Community Defense
Minister of Information & Outreach
Minister of Social Justice
Minister of Elections and Legislative Action
Minister for Political Empowerment
- The Executive Committee is responsible for the day-to-day implementation and monitoring of the NAIP vision and strategic plan.
- Chairperson: Serves as chief executive officer for the NAIP. Duties include presiding over meetings of the National Steering Committee and National Executive Committee (unless designated for others to do so), and facilitating the overall implementation of the NAIP’s vision (Platform) and strategic plan.
- Deputy -Chairperson: Serves in supportive role to Chairperson and assumes the duties and responsibilities of Chairperson as designated or needed (absence, illness, availability or death).
- Political Prisoners Support Committee: Responsible for generating and coordinating general political and material support for Political Prisoners and Prisoners of War, particularly members, supporters and allies of the Black/New Afrikan Liberation Movement. Political support would include petition-drives, public statements, prison monitoring, rallies, and letter-writing campaigns. Examples of material support would include correspondence, financial support, telephone calls, visitation and legal representation.
- Ministry of Community Defense: Responsible for educating and training NAIP members on basics of self and group defense. Included would be strategic and tactical maneuvers. Also, training on conflict resolution and de-escalation. The Ministry of Community Defense (MCD) will also be responsible for developing community-based training programs suitable for all segments of the community.
- Ministry of Criminal Justice: Responsible for developing and coordinating all criminal justice initiatives and campaigns concerning issues such as sentencing disparities, the war on drugs, mass incarceration, prisoners rights, stop and frisk, and racial profiling.
- Ministry of Information and Outreach: Responsible for developing, maintaining and scheduling media contacts and appearances, including press releases and press conferences. Responsible for developing national outreach materials and formats. Also responsible for developing, initiating and coordinating national outreach campaigns.
- Ministry of Communications (Secretary): Responsible for developing, coordinating and documenting all internal and external NAIP communications including official correspondence, websites and social media.
- Ministry of Finance and Fundraising (Treasurer): Responsible for fiscal oversight and documentation of all NAIP financial activities including contributions, donations and expenditures. Also, responsible for developing fundraising and money-making initiatives for NAIP activities, initiatives and programs, including electoral campaign financing.
- Membership Support Committee: Responsible for developing a data-base management system for documenting and coordinating membership services. Also, responsible for formally welcoming new members to the NAIP with a letter, email, telephone call and other paraphernalia such as buttons, pens or key-chains.
- Ministry for Jobs and Economic Development: Will serve as lead contact, advocate and representative concerning the demand for Reparations. Responsible for developing and managing business initiatives to support the community-work of the NAIP and create jobs. Also, responsible for identifying jobs, training and business opportunities for those in need throughout the communities served by the NAIP.
- Ministry for Social Justice: Responsible for developing and coordinating all NAIP initiatives, programs and projects which address issues such as poverty, civil and human rights, income disparities, workers rights, police brutality and misconduct, community violence and white-vigilante violence.
- Ministry for Political Empowerment: Will serve as lead contact, advocate and representative concerning the demand for Proportional Political and Judicial Representation. Responsible for developing and coordinating all NAIP initiatives, programs and projects that focus on voter registration, voter education and voter protection.
- Ministry of Elections and Legislative Action: Will serve as lead contact, advocate and representative concerning the demands and campaigns for Open Primaries and Equitable Ballot Access. Responsible for developing and coordinating NAIP legislative research and advocacy program. Responsible for developing and coordinating processes needed for identifying and exploring opportunities for NAIP candidates to run for elective office.
- Ministry for Food, Housing and Environmental Justice: Will serve as lead contact, advocate and representative for Feed the People campaigns and Summer Breakfast and Summer Lunch campaigns. Responsible for developing and coordinating all NAIP initiatives, programs and projects which address issues of food security, hunger, safe and affordable housing, gentrification, access to clean air, clean water, alternative energy and environmental safety.
- Ministry of Education: Will serve as lead contact, advocate and representative concerning the NAIP demands for quality education and radical restructuring of the U.S. educational system. Also, responsible for developing and coordinating the establishment of Political Education Classes and weekend Liberation Schools for each chapter.
- Ministry of Culture: Will serve as lead contact and representative concerning all NAIP activities, projects and programs which involve cultural history, aesthetics and utilizing the visual and performing arts for personal enrichment and social transformation. Also, responsible for developing and coordinating the symbols, icons and promotional imagery of the NAIP.
- Ministry of Health: Will serve as lead contact, advocate and representative concerning the NAIP demand for free quality health care. Also, responsible for developing and coordinating all initiatives, projects and programs concerned with issues such as health disparities, HIV/AIDS, substance abuse and addiction, preventive medicines and health-care, community violence and public health, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), diabetes, hypertension and high blood-pressure, healthy eating, diet and nutrition.
- Ministry of International Affairs: Will serve as lead contact, advocate and NAIP representative in developing and establishing working and diplomatic relationships globally with groups, organizations, political parties and nations that mutually support NAIP goals and objectives. Also, the ministry of international affairs will serve as lead contact, advocate and representative concerning the NAIP demand for a United Nations supervised plebiscite regarding the future of Black/New Afrikan people within the United States.
Quality service to the people and achievement of NAIP goals and objectives requires a tremendous amount of team work. Ministries and committees will need to share ideas, methods and resources in an open, fluid and cooperative manner.
All Power to the People,
Khalid Raheem, NAIP Founder, (July 15, 2014).
**ratified on (12-06-2014)
***modified on (04-12-2015)